Tuesday 2 July 2019

One of my most vivid memories from when I was about 14-15, is of bunking school to go watch a movie at New Empire theater. The movie was American Beauty. Even as I could feel the uncle sitting next to me get shuffly and uncomfortable at the sight of rose petals raining down on Mena Suvari's naked body I knew that I had watched a thing of beauty far beyond the comprehension of my 15 year old mind. They don't make movies like that anymore in Hollywood. Now you go to the theater not to see beauty, but to see things getting blown up...Monsters destroying whole cities, sometimes a lot of cities. I have nothing against superhero or monster movies. In fact I love them. But to quote American Beauty itself ".Sometime
 there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in." Maybe it will be good to see a plastic bag floating around for a good few minutes could soothe our tired eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment